Thursday 7 July 2011

Pilates


Several months ago I was fortunate to have found an excellent pilates instructor called
Fiona Barbour-Smith who does a 6 persons mat class from her beautiful basement in Chiswick.

Its taken me a while to get into it and I would certainly benefit from 2 or more days a week, however I am reaping the rewards with a huge improvement in my core strength and a major reduction in the back ache I had previously suffered.

Unlike some forms of exercise, Pilates does not over-develop some parts of the body and neglect others. While Pilates training focuses on core strength, it trains the body as an integrated whole. Pilates workouts promote strength and balanced muscle development as well as flexibility and increased range of motion for the joints.  Workouts are tailor-made to the individual and suit a range of ages and abilities.









Thanks to moredesignplease.com for this image through Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment